Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So, this is what sleep feels like.

For a long time now - I have struggled with sleeping at night.
I have drove Lee crazy for years with how 'obsessive' I am about bed-time.
I have rituals:
I have to have certain pillows - positioned in a certain way, it has to be SILENT - except for the soft sound of a fan by the bed, and he can't make ANY noise. He can't snore, and sometimes - just the sound of him breathing... ticks me off.
It always took me 2 HOURS to fall asleep, and then during the night - I would wake up 6 to 8 times, and always have a hard time going back to bed.
EVERY NIGHT - the same thing - for 6 YEARS.
It was HELL.
After he went back to work - I struggled with a new dilema: being SCARED.
[Of course - this only added to my problem.]
But, lately?
I've been sleeping like a baby.
I have no clue what has changed - but I'm not complaining.
I wake up rested [most days] and am usually ready for bed by 10:30PM every night.
[This beats the usual 1 or 2AM bedtime that I am normally accustomed to.]
It's like something just changed overnight.
I don't worry about every little sound I hear, and when he is home - the sound of the T.V. doesn't drive me crazy.
Trust me when I say this people: THIS is a MIRACLE.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it is sweetie and I am so happy now that you are able to get the rest your body so much needs! PRAISE!

    ReplyDelete