Sunday, August 8, 2010

Me? Cheap? Um... YEAH.

I am a little addicted to bargain shopping, as most of you know.
[Okay, so that might be an under-statement.]
I'm more like OBSESSED.
Anyway, I have been on a roll with back-to-school shopping this year and miss Kaylee has been dying for a pair of grey converse all-stars.
We have looked EVERYWHERE, with no luck.
I have found this quite odd, considering that the come in every stinkin' color of the rainbow, but whatever.
I planned on taking a trip to the outlet mall in Woodburn next week to find her a pair.
I figured out of all the places the Converse store SHOULD have them.
Tonight however, we ran into Fred Meyer real quick to browse the clearence racks.
Becca has a neighbor who works there, so I had a 'friends & family' discount card and wanted to take advantage.
First stop? The shoe department, and guess what??
A GREY pair of converse in HER size ONLY.
Oh, and it gets better. Not only where they on CLEARANCE, they had an ADDITIONAL 50% Off, PLUS the coupon I had, which made them a WHOPPING $9 dollars.
I seriously could barely contain my excitement.
So, not only did I have a daughter that was EXCITED out of her mind, she had a Mom that felt the EXACT same way.
In moments like these, there is just one word that comes to mind:
SCORE! :]

1 comment:

  1. Great job as always, Heather. Congrat's on those new grey Converse shoes, miss Kaylee!

    ReplyDelete