Sunday, August 29, 2010

Back-pack shopping sucked this year.

I have been totally on top of the back-to-school-basics this year.
We were done with clothes shopping in early August and school supplies and lunch boxes were bought a week later.
For some reason though, I have been putting off buying backpacks.
Only because it hasn't been a priority. No other reason really.
I wasn't dreading it or anything, I just figured we would go whenever and we would be able to find some with no problem. WRONG.
On Friday night I decided that we would run to Ross and pick them up after we stopped at Target.
Kaylee has been wanting a Roxy one, and they had some really nice ones for boys a few weeks earlier.
Um, They had nothing...but crap.
This irritated me for 2 reasons.
I wasn't in the mood to go elsewhere, and I only wanted to spend $20 each, which was totally do-able there.
If that wasn't bad enough, my 'never in the mood to shop for ANYTHING' husband was all fired up to go EVERYWHERE to find them one.
So, we did just that. We went everywhere, and everywhere we went was totally picked over.
We ended up at Sports Authority, and ended up spending a small fortune.
I was so grumpy at the end of the trip, I thought I might kill myself.
At least I learned a lesson though: NEVER wait until 2 weeks before school starts to buy a back-pack.
It's so not worth the migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment