Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I must admit, I felt pretty bad-ass.

At work I have a pad-a-lock for my locker, and the key hangs on my name tag.
Otherwise I would never be able to keep track of it.
It's just in my nature to constantly LOSE things.
Anyway, I clocked out for break-time today and realized that my name tag had broke off of the clip that hooks to my shirt.
After scouring the entire store, I finally found it near where I was working. But, the key was GONE.
I must say however, that I am actually proud of myself for not freaking out, because normally? I would have.
(It's also in my nature to FLIP OUT for no reason.)
I spent the next 3 hours of my shift re-tracing my steps trying my hardest to find it.
Mostly, because I knew that there was NO way for me to cut the lock off, since we didn't have the tools there.
I also knew that there was NO way to get ahold of Lee since my phone was IN my locker, and I haven't memorized ANY phone numbers of anyone in the family.
(Dumb, I know.)
After looking, and looking, and looking some more.
I came up key-less.
My new manager even tried to pound it off with a hammer. No luck.
So, as I was just standing there and staring at it ~ something hit me.
About a year ago, my SUPER-COOL hubby gave me a little lesson on how to pick a lock.
So, out came the bobby pin holding my hair up, and there you have it: SUCCESS.
A guy that I work with was in the back room at the time, and he was almost as impressed as I was.
'Wow, look at that. She picks a lock with her bobby pin and then it goes right back in her hair like she's done this before."
Yep. It was my Macgyver moment, and I have to admit - It DID  make feel pretty freaking AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment