Thursday, January 14, 2010

Twenty-Eight.


Yesterday was my BIRTHDAY.
I was woke up by an early text message from my brother,
then another one from my cousin,
then another one from Steph.
Around 8:15AM
she was on my door step with a gift in hand.
 (The new RED dishes that I've had my heart set on.)
Even though I was barely awake, and not ready for company,
it was a great surprise.
We met Lee's parents, Cindy & Steph at Applebee's for lunch,
and I somehow managed to get out of there
WITHOUT being sang to.
It was awesome.
I dragged Lee from store to store on a mission:
to find new workout clothes.
It was a SUCCESS.
(I HEART my new Nike jacket.)
I came home to find a gazillion comments
from my friends on Facebook,
wishing me a happy birthday,
 and continued to get flooded with text messages.
That made me smile.
Unfortunately, I had to work at 5, but it turned out to be a pretty good night at work.
Becca & Tirzah showed up to surprise me.
(Um... Yeah, embarrassing.)
They entered the front doors singing at the TOP of their lungs,
and they even brought me my favorite cookies,
and cards with "surprises" inside.
(A handful of lottery tickets, and a gift card to Playto's.)
If that wasn't enough, as soon as they realized how much
work I had to do on a certain Aisle
They jumped in, and did it with me.
(Yes, I WOULD have been FIRED if my
district manager would have stopped by.)
 Luckily, that didn't happen.
Bahaha.
Geez...
[: I LOVE those girls. :]
So all in all,
it was a great day.
Thanks, to all of the special people I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment