Friday, January 8, 2010

Good thing we go over his homework, BEFORE he turns it in.

We recently had the
"difference between boys & girls"
 talk with Layton.
Nothing too detailed.
Just the basic "different parts" conversation.
He asked.
We told.
No big deal.
---------------------
This morning I was helping him with his homework assignment.
He had to choose 2 words that started with "B" and draw a picture to go with them.
He was finishing coloring it in, when I got up to grab a paper clip.
When I heard him say:
"There Mommy, now my teacher will know he's a boy."
I turn back to see him proudly displaying his assignment,
with his adorable, and innocent smile on his face.
I was MORTIFIED!



After I picked my chin up off the floor,
I walked into another room so he couldn't
see me laughing so hard that I cried.
For once in my life.
I was speechless.
-----------------
Long story, short.
We sat down with him and discussed what was
appropriate and inappropriate behavior.
The poor kid was heart-broken.
He really didn't know any better.
He does now.
------------------
After this experience,
I've come to this conclusion.
I figure, it's better to just laugh it off, and look at it this way:
At least we have one HILARIOUS story to tell his kids someday.

2 comments: