Monday, December 28, 2009

This kid CRACKS me up.



I was sitting at the table with Layton this morning, setting up a game of Tumblin' Monkeys for us to play, while Bentlee was wandering around the living room whining.
Layton was so stinkin' cute when he looked up at me and started this conversation:

Layton: Awwww, Mommy that's so sad huh?
Me: What's sad?
Layton: Oh, that Bentlee is homeless.
(Shrugs his shoulders.)
Me: Layton, Bentlee's not homeless, he lives with us.
Layton: Uh-huh Mom... Member?
He's homeless.
(At this point, I'm trying not to crack up laughing, because you could tell that he was VERY serious, and VERY concerned.)
Me: Do you mean that he's homeSICK?
That he misses his Mommy?
Layton: Oh, yeah...that's what I meaned Mommy.
 (As he shakes his head, puts his hands over his eyes, and quietly giggles)
 ... homesick.
-----------------

Oh, that boy.
He makes me proud to be his Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment