Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Around here.


Summer is here. The kids are out of school and the sun stays out until almost 9. I'm a happy girl.

Lee has been working like crazy on home improvements outside and I've been trying to get the inside of the house organized. He has put up a shed in the back for storage, plans on pulling out all of our ugly bushes around the side yard and covering the area with bark dust. He has gravel in mounds out front to fill in the potholes of the driveway and we will be painting the outside soon. I'm excited to see it all come together.

Kaylee kicked some major ass at her championship over the weekend. She worked so hard to get ready for it and then proved that she had what it takes by placing 1st! She never lets nerves get the best of her and I must say that watching her beat up boys never gets old.

I had my tattoo worked on last week and love the results. I have about three more sessions to go and can't wait to see it finished. I really hate how addicting getting ink is though, I'm already thinking about what I want for my next one. Will I ever get enough? Oh, probably not.

We have been spending a lot of time at the pool (except for today and yesterday, since it's been pouring) and Ava loves the water. The baby pool is her favorite because she gets to act like she owns it. She isn't fond of my hanging onto her arm constantly so I just stay within arms reach. She has dunked herself about three times by tripping but it doesn't phase her. I tell you, the kid has no fear. She's even starting to dunk her head and face on purpose just to pop back up and laugh. She thinks she's a fish, just like the other two.

Speaking of Ava, she is a crack up. In the last few weeks she has learned what a garbage can is and loves to throw everything away. She has also discovered the toilet paper roll and loves to vandalize the bathroom with it while I try to get ready in the mornings. She no longer walks but instead RUNS, and has a new favorite word: hot. Anytime I use the toaster or open the dryer she will barrel into the room saying "Hot! Hot! Mama? Hot?" I love watching her learn new things. Although, the fits she has started throwing? Yeah, I'm not a fan of those.

Took the kids to get some pictures for fathers day... here are a few of my faves:


No comments:

Post a Comment