Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The grump.

I had a feeling that Ava was going to be strong willed from the time she was in my tummy. Shortly after she was born we knew for sure once her true personality started to show.

She can be super serious, and super stubborn. One minute she is cuddly and sweet, the next? She is grunting and irritated at you because you aren't feeding her quick enough.

She has become very mobile which means she is super curious and wants to touch everything. I have started telling her "no" ALL. THE. TIME. Normally, she will just look at me and go right back to it. But, when I actually make contact with her, say "no" and move her, she then has the worst meltdown. I'm talking: full on screaming, banging her head on the floor and convulsing. I can hardly believe my eyes during one of her fits. Today, I took my phone away from her and she started flailing her arms at me which resulted in her knocking my glasses off of my face.

WHAT have we created?

This just means one thing: we are going to have to be tough on this kid. Starting now.

She may be cute, but don't let that sweet face fool you - this girl has a mighty temper.



No comments:

Post a Comment