Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The 8 month old.


-- Her vocabulary is expanding. She can clearly say bubba, mama, dada, mmmm (while eating) and bye bye (while waving.) She's a little miss smarty-pants.

-- The girl has some crazy, frizzy hair and it drives me nuts. Most of the time she looks like she stuck her finger in a light socket and water, even gel doesn't tame it. I can't wait until it is long enough to lay down... the in between is torture.

-- We are no longer toothless! She has two bottom teeth now and it's adorable. However, she has already bit me a few times while nursing and THAT, well... that sucks.
-- She is in love with her daddy. When he gets home from work, she will try to follow him around - using her mad rolling skills and scream for him until he picks her up. He can't get enough of it. Half the time, she wants him more than me and I can tell this one is going to be a daddy's girl. She already is.

-- She has learned how to do 'rasberries' with her mouth. (I can thank Layton for this one.) If someone starts them, she will copy them and end up spitting and slobbering all over herself. It's lovely.
-- Bedtime is slowly improving [fingers crossed that saying this doesn't jinx me] and for the last few nights she has only woke up twice. Nap time is usually easy in the morning, but she fights me in the afternoon. Normally she takes a mini one at dinner time and it allows us to eat and for me to clean the kitchen before she is up again. The timing is perfect. I hope she sticks to it.

-- She has always been a busy, busy one and if rolling everywhere wasn't bad enough she has just started army crawling. Lord, help me. I figure it won't be long until she has the real crawl down. SO, I am trying to prepare my house (and me) for it.
-- I have also noticed the more and more I take her picture, the more I notice how serious she always is. Getting her to smile is a J.O.B and not an easy one. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment