Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The 6 month old.


-- This girl is developing quite the personality. She is busy, stubborn and LOUD. Her high pitched squeals are quickly turning into annoying screams when she wants something. The other day she had her first full on tantrum when I stopped feeding her and for the last few days I have found myself having to tell her "no, Ava" in a stern voice over and over. (I don't ever remember having to start discipline this early with the other two.) Oy.

-- She is also becoming more mobile everyday. Not by rolling (even though she totally could) but instead by back-humping the floor. I'm not sure how else to explain it but that way. She lays one her back and bounces her butt up and down which results in moving herself from point A to point B. It's hilarious. I need to record it soon.

-- She is also sitting up better and better by herself everyday. Once she has it totally down I am throwing the damn car seat carrier away and moving her into a bigger one. One that won't break my back anymore by hauling it around everywhere. I think I hate it more than she does.

-- She has mastered eating solids. She gets breakfast, lunch and dinner now and because of this, she nurses a lot less during the day.

-- At night however, she still wants to eat every 2 to 3 hours. (of course, why not?) I am so ready for her to sleep through the night. SO. READY.

-- I have been trying to teach her how to wave. Yeah, yeah it might be a little too early but I swear this morning when I picked her up and took her to the living room? She flapped her right arm up and down when she saw Layton on the couch. Coincidence? Maybe. Genius baby? Most likely.


No comments:

Post a Comment