Tuesday, November 13, 2012

And, it's a wrap.


Football is officially over for this season and honestly? It was a tough one.

We didn't win more than one game and we struggled to connect as a team. But, in the end, Layton had fun. I mean, he truly had a good time and to me - that means something.

Last year, he got to be part of a team that stomped everyone we went up against. He got to have the feeling of excitement and pride. This year he got to experience how it felt to lose (which to me, is just as important.) He had a few "I wish we would have won moments" but for the most part stayed positive with an attitude of we can't win them all.

I am glad that he got something out of it. I want my kids to learn and know that life is full of ups, downs, winning and losing. It's not about how many games you win but instead about how many games you give your all for. You do your best and that's all you can do. I'm glad that he could walk away from this humbled and still be excited for next year.

It's a life lesson he learned early and I think he will be a better person because of it. Sometimes? The loser comes out the winner. It's all about perspective.

I'm very proud of my boy and our entire Mighty Might team this year.
Way to go GREY CELTS!









No comments:

Post a Comment