Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The pictures.

Along with Ava's first birthday came a photo shoot and cake smash to capture the big ONE!
I planned to do a cake smash since the day she was born after seeing adorable pictures online. I kick myself now, that I don't have any of Kaylee and Layton to look back on.

Becca went with me (bless that girl.) I could have never done it without her. This kid of mine is B-U-S-Y.

I have learned a thing or two about photographing babies in the past year:
One, they are unpredictable.
Two, you CANNOT pose them.
And Three, you MUST just 'go with the flow'.
(Otherwise, you end up wanting to pull your hair out, and/or... crying at the end of it all.)

This session pretty much consisted of us sitting her somewhere, Becca chasing her all over the place to keep her close. And me, clicking away. The cake part was successful ONLY because... well, she had food to eat, and the girl loves her grub.

These are my favorites:

1 comment: