Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The one year old.

-- She's WALKING! She started taking steps about 2 weeks ago and now, she is all over the place. She even tried running from me a few nights ago after I caught her putting her barrette in her mouth. Little turd.

-- She has started repeating words - which has me thinking that I may need to start watching my mouth a little more. Lee worked with her for about 10 minutes trying to teach her to say "dog." Now? She will sometimes even say it when Bentlee is around her. She also will say "num num" when I ask her if she is hungry. She is a little sponge, I tell you.

-- She loves to wash her hands. When I am running water at the sink while holding her, she will look at the soap and grunt as if she is saying 'hey lady, my hands are dirty.' She also enjoys putting lotion on. Every night after bath time she will want it. I put a little on her finger and she will try to rub it into her hands.

-- Aunt Becca taught her how to wipe her face with a napkin and it cracks me up every time she tries. She rubs it all over her chin and ear and laughs like she is super proud of herself.

-- As of last week, she knows how to give kisses. They are the open-mouthed ones and they are the BEST. When I ask for one, she opens her mouth wide and goes "ahhhhh!" I can't get enough of them.


-- Everything is a phone to this kid. If she has any toy in her hand, I can say "say hello Ava" and it goes right to her ear. All girl, already.

-- She is currently obsessed with her fisher-price barn that she got for Christmas. It plays about a million songs and she has started moving her lips whenever it starts to play one, I could swear that she is trying to sing along with it. No sound comes out, but she sure tries.

-- We are done nursing. She slowly started weaning herself months ago and today was the first day she went without it all day long.

-- So, I guess it's official: my "baby" is now a toddler.



No comments:

Post a Comment