Monday, September 13, 2010

The talker.
















I have noticed in the last few months [more than ever so far] at just how much Kaylee is growing up.
Of course it saddens me, but at the same time [in a strange way] - makes me feel extremely proud.
Her confidence is amazing, and her personality is one-of-a-kind.
Recently, I have ALSO noticed just how much this girl likes to talk.
Yep. Talk.
ALL.THE.TIME.
Now, I know it's a girl thing, and according to Lee - she 'gets it from her mother.'
But, sometimes... I get an instant headache from listening to her babble on and on and on... and on.
On the first day of school it took her the entire car ride home AND the time it took her to eat her after-school-snack, to explain her day.
I asked her how her over-night stay with her best friend Madi went on Saturday, and heard the play-by-play of all of their activities in GREAT detail.
She busted out laughing the other day when I stopped her mid-sentence to ask her is she ever breathes?
All kidding aside though, I do enjoy our mother-daughter chats.
More than she probably will ever know.
I'm aware that someday these on-going, drawn out conversations are something that I am really going to miss.
So, the plan is: to embrace them. [ALL of them] and just give her a bad time about it the WHOLE way.
[because, deep-deep down? She loves every minute of it.]
And, anytime she asks me if she can tell me something?
I'll just make sure I have about 45 minutes-to-an-hour to listen.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Heather...try having three girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy as it sounds... I'd take that. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just really enjoy it, she will one day be that thirteen age and you will only wish she would share every detail of her life from then on out.

    ReplyDelete