Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's looking a lot like Christmas.

I can hardly believe that it is almost the middle of December already. How did THAT happen?

Our weather has been COLD. We even had a little snow last week. This never happens in Oregon, so it was actually nice to see. The kids loved it. Especially, the staying home from school part. I liked it, because it gave me a great excuse to make hot chocolate all day long.

Our tree is up but the gifts are in my closet or under my bed in need of being wrapped. I'm hoping I can convince Becca to wrap them for me. I dread it. As I do every year.

Ava is fond of the ornaments and really likes to rip them off the branches and run around the house yelling "BALL!"

I am in the mood to do something extra this year for someone in need. Ideas have been heavy on my heart and I really want to include the kids. I think it's so important to help out if we can and I want them to see and feel how great it is to be a part of something like that.  Layton suggested buying winter coats for kids that don't have any. So, tomorrow I will call around and see what we can do.

The countdown has begun. 12 days.
I guess I better get my butt in gear and finish our shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment