Wednesday, February 16, 2011

He thinks he's human - I swear.

Every morning Bentlee gets to go in the car with us when I take the kids to school.
He loves to go and drives me absolutely crazy while they are getting ready.
He follows them all around the house trying to contain his anxiety, he sits impatiently by the bathroom door when they brush their teeth, and then he whines by the front door when they are tying their shoes.
He's a total wreck until I jingle my keys.

He hops in the front seat and sits there the whole way to the school just looking out the window.
The teachers who stand out front all know him and greet him every morning like they do the kids.
Yeah, he's become a real hit and he totally eats it up - wagging his nub back-and-forth in utter excitement.
As soon as we pull out of the school? He curls up in the front seat and 'naps' until I pull in the driveway.
Everyday. The same thing.

As soon as we get home he comes in the house, sits by the couch and just stares at me.
He's waiting for me to grab a blanket, lay down, and turn on the t.v.
Once I do? He hops up with me, and lays down.

Rewind to about 2 months ago and he wasn't even allowed on the furniture.
It's one of the things I was super stern about when we decided to get a puppy.
But, somehow  this rule has flown out the window.
He's truly the 'baby' of the family - he gets away with crap that he shouldn't.

I just don't have the heart to yell at him when he's all snuggled up - he's too cute.
(Well, okay that's not the only reason.)

Honestly, he keeps my feet warm and as long as I'm benefiting from it too... why change a thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment